What is the Soul? | Tao Hands

Many people have an idea and their own understanding of what is the soul. Master Sha has provided some clear definitions and guidelines about the soul - its qualities, purpose and relationship to the mind and body.

What is the Soul?

In Soul Mind Body Medicine, Master Sha says that "soul" and "spirit" are the same thing, and that what science refers to as the messages of the cells (and communication between cells and organs) is also soul. He states, "In fact, 'soul,' 'spirit,' and 'message' are just different names for the same thing. The soul is the essence of life. For anything in the universe, the soul is the essence of that thing." He states that a person's soul resembles that person, whereas an animal's soul resembles the animal and the soul of an inanimate object looks like that object. p. 24 - 25.

In Power of Soul, Master Sha further clarifies that the soul is "a golden light being." In most human beings, the soul sits in the lower abdomen, but it can move up through the soul houses (chakras) as one's soul journey advances. The higher a soul sits in the body, the higher the spiritual standing of that soul in Heaven.

What are the Characteristics of the Soul?

Master Sha also shares that the soul has characteristics, just like people. For example, your soul is an independent entity inside your body. It has its own consciousness and intelligence; its own will, thoughts and preferences. Your soul has emotions and feelings, incredible wisdom (from all lifetimes), and creativity and flexibility. Your soul can communicate with other souls and even travel from your body. It has healing power, blessing power and many potential powers to share. It connects with your heart and mind and your Heaven's team. It seeks growth and follows spiritual laws and principles. Your soul is eternal and yearns to be enlightened. Your soul wants to serve.

What is the Role of Your Soul?

Another vital piece of wisdom and fundamental teaching from Master Sha is that "the soul is the boss of a human being's life." The soul carries the highest frequency and vibration in your being and has the greatest power to guide and direct your life. Therefore, the more open and receptive you are to the messages of your soul (and your Heaven's Team), the smoother your life could go and the happier you will be. (We will speak more about the relationship between the soul, mind and body in our next blog entry).

Since our soul is the leader in our lives, we might want to know how we can we get closer to our soul. No matter how close we may be or feel, we can form an even closer and more pure bond with our soul. One thing you will want to do is talk to your soul daily. Every morning and evening at least, say hello and express love and gratitude to your soul. There is much more you can do to open to your soul's wisdom and you will find many suggestions in Master Sha's books. For now, we will lead you in a practice.

Practice to Further Open Your Heart and Mind to Your Beloved Soul

Body Power:
Sit straight with your feet flat on the floor and back away from the chair if you are able. You may also sit in a lotus position or you may use support for your back if needed. Place one palm on your ming men acupuncture point, the point directly across from your navel on your back side. Place the other palm on your navel or your heart. Which ever you prefer.

Soul Power - Say Hello:
Dear Divine and Tao
Dear all my spiritual mothers and fathers
I love you, honor and appreciate you.
You have the power to bless me to open my heart and mind further to my soul's love, wisdom and guidance and to help my heart, mind and body align with my soul.
Thank you.

Dear my soul,
I love you, honor and appreciate you.
You are the leader in my life, you have the power to guide my life and help me to lead a healthy, happy and productive life.
Please forgive me for not being more open to you and please help me open my heart and mind more to your love, wisdom, knowledge and blessings.
Thank you.

Dear my beloved heart and mind,
I love you, honor and appreciate you.
You have the power to open further to the love and light of our soul, to listen to and follow our beloved soul.
Do a good job!
Thank you.

For Tao Hands Practitioners:
Dear my Tao Hands,
I love, honor and appreciate you.
You have the power to bless my heart and mind to open to the love and wisdom of my soul and to bless the alignment of my soul, heart, mind and body.
Please bless my requests.
Thank you.

Mind Power:
See beautiful light filling your soul, heart, mind and body. See and feel your heart and mind expanding and opening to the love and light of your soul  and to the Divine and Tao.

Sound Power:
Chant silently or aloud the following Soul Order:
Soul orders my heart and mind to open further to the love and wisdom of my soul.
Soul orders my heart and mind to open further to the love and wisdom of my soul.
Soul orders my heart and mind to  open further to the love and wisdom of my soul.

After 3 - 5 minutes or more, chant the following mantra:
I love my heart and soul
I love my heart and soul
I love my heart and soul

When you are finished, say: Hao. Hao. Hao. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

What a simple and powerful practice to open your heart and mind further to your soul. Try communicating with your soul after this practice, to receive your soul's love, wisdom and guidance.

We are grateful and blessed.

Thank you.

With love,

Your Tao Hands Team




Comments