Loving and Honoring Our Parents | Tao Hands

For many of us, our parents hold a deep and special place in our hearts. In most cases, they are the two people who brought us into this physical incarnation. And in many cases, they have given us pretty much everything we needed, from day one. They were there through it all, from our first breath to our first step, from tears of sadness to tears of joy and more, up to our adventures as an adult. They may have taken care of us and endured a lot. They may have had wisdom, experience and perspective.

Depending on where you were born and what type of upbringing you had, you may or may not have a value system that emphasizes the love, honor and respect of parents (or grandparents). In some cultures, this is essentially "required" and sometimes, even symbolic of one's love of the Divine. And in some cultures, it is an implied value, as in honoring your elders. Our parents had authority over us and showed us how to live life. This is worth honoring.

No matter what the case may be, or whether the ones you call your parents actually are your biological mother and father, we wish to encourage you to go into your hearts and connect with your parents, send love to your parents, who have indeed contributed to your life in numerous ways. Send gratitude for the role they've played in your life, no matter what that is or was.

If it has been difficult, then honor that and notice any gifts it brings. Perhaps you can connect with the love your parents had for you even if you didn't feel it or see it. Perhaps you can appreciate their soul journey.

If there is sadness (i.e. maybe a parent or both are no longer here, or maybe you haven't healed from the past), then honor that and connect with their souls.

If there is happiness, then honor that and deepen your love.

In all cases, we are inviting you to generate, develop and deepen your gratitude and love for your parents today.

Let us connect and honor our parents and this special relationship now.

Body Power. Sit up straight, with your back away from the chair if that is comfortable and your feet flat on the ground.  You may also sit in lotus or half lotus or cross legged with your back straight. Place one palm on your lower abdomen, below the navel, and one palm on your heart.

Soul Power - Say Hello.
Dear Divine,
Dear my Tao Hands,
I love you, honor and appreciate you.
You have the power to help me connect deeply to love, honor and respect my parents.
I am most grateful.

Dear soul of my mother and my father,
I call you.
I give you my love, honor and respect for all you have done and not done,
I appreciate this life that you helped to give to me,
I appreciate how everything has unfolded for our greatest potential.
I would like to deepen my love and appreciation now.
I ask forgiveness for all I have done in any lifetime to hurt or harm you
And I unconditionally forgive you for any mistakes you have made that hurt or harmed me.
I wish to develop and deepen the love, peace and harmony, love, honor and respect between us.
Thank you.

Mind Power. Visualize beautiful golden light or any color light throughout your heart and Message Center/Heart Chakra. See all kinds of holy beings and the Divine nourishing you and your parents with their love and light. Visualize what you would be like if you loved your parents with all your heart, unconditionally.

Sound Power. Chant silently or aloud, for as long as you wish, the Divine Soul Song of Love Peace and Harmony (www.lovepeaceharmony.org/resources):

Lu la lu la li
Lu la lu la la li
Lu la lu la li lu la
Lu la li lu la
Lu la li lu la

I love my heart and soul
I love all humanity
Join hearts and souls together
Love peace and harmony
Love peace and harmony.

Close with Hao. Hao. Hao. (perfect, get well). Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

We are grateful to bring you this blog entry and suggestion. We hope you enjoyed it, and that it served you well.

With greatest love,

Your Tao Hands Team.





Comments